UCLA Dark Matter 2012
The UCLA Department of Physics and Astronomy hosted its tenth Dark Matter and Dark Energy conference in Marina del Rey. The symposium provided a scientific forum for the latest discussions in the field. Click the Agenda button to view talks.
Topics covered at the symposium:
- Status of measurements of the equation of state of dark energy and new experiments
- The search for missing energy events at the LHC and implications for dark matter search
- Theoretical calculations on all forms of dark matter (SUSY, axions, sterile neutrinos, etc.)
- Status of the indirect search for dark matter
- Status of the direct search for dark matter in detectors around the world
- The low-mass wimp search region
- The next generation of very large dark matter detectors
- New underground laboratories for dark matter search
Latest news May 16, 2012: Presenters at the UCLA Dark Matter 2012 meeting are invited to submit a paper for conference proceedings. Papers should be four pages in length and should follow Springer guidelines available here. Deadline is 15 August 2012.